Mobility

The mobile technology is becoming more and more part of our everyday activities. This weekend I had the chance to flight (from Madrid to Paris) for the first time without printing a single page. Not even having to get a boarding pass on a desk. All thanks to today's technology.
All I had to do to check in was to log into the Iberia site. Sign in with my frequent flyer number. Choose a seat and get a QR code on my email.
The rest was just as easy as open the image sent on my email and scan it on the airport to pass security and board the plane.
I have to say that I've felt the geek side of me rejoice with it. Sadly this method is still not yet adopted by most of the passengers. In fact I don't recall anyone else using it nearby me.
Hopefully the use of smartphones will keep on growing and more services like this would be showing up.
And to make more geekier this entry on my blog I decided to write it from the Blogger application of my Android :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RabbitMQ first reactions

Start-up

A Product Architect?